Obtaining and configuring the emulator
1. Download the latest build of PCSX2 provided by EmuCR.
2. If you don't already have it download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 (x86) runtime package and Winrar.
3. Extract PCSX2 your desktop or a folder of your choice. I chose C:\PCSX2.
4. Find where you extracted the file and double click PCSX2.exe.
5. Click next and you should see a list of plugins. We want to configure the video plugin first.
6. If you are confident your PC is up to snuff here are my settings which enable you to run the game in full 1080p with anti-aliasing and smoothing.
If your PC is not new you can still play the game at a much higher resolution than the original game. Here are the settings if you still want an improved experience.
8. Place the bios file inside of the Bios folder wherever you extracted PCSX2.
9. Next you must configure the gamepad plugin. You can use your keyboard to control the game or use any controller compatible with Windows. You can also use a Playstation 3 controller. Here are the drivers for the Playstation 3 controller.
10. Click "Pad 1" located at the top of the gamepad plugin and start mapping your controls.
12. Dump your own ISO of Final Fantasy XII or if your computer can play DVDs you can insert your physical copy of Final Fantasy XII.
What do you think of our guide? Let us know in the comments below.