“It gives game developers new abilities to bring their creative visions to life by opening up the concept of gaming without boundaries.”
At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend’s apartment.
Gaming springs into action by removing detachable Joy-Con controllers from either side of Nintendo Switch. One player can use a Joy-Con controller in each hand; two players can each take one; or multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options. They can easily click back into place or be slipped into a Joy-Con Grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, if preferred, the gamer can select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to use instead of the Joy-Con controllers. Furthermore, it is possible for numerous people to bring their Nintendo Switch systems together to enjoy local multiplayer face-to-face competition.
“Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. “It gives game developers new abilities to bring their creative visions to life by opening up the concept of gaming without boundaries.”
Developers can design their games supporting a variety of play styles, which gives gamers the freedom to choose an experience that best suits them. Some of the publishers, developers and middleware partners announcing support for Nintendo Switch are as follows:
• 505 Games • LEVEL-5 Inc.
• Activision Publishing, Inc. • Marvelous Inc.
• ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd. • Maximum Games, LLC
• ATLUS CO., LTD. • Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
• Audiokinetic Inc. • Parity Bit Inc.
• Autodesk, Inc. • PlatinumGames Inc.
• BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. • RAD Game Tools, Inc.
• Bethesda • RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
• CAPCOM CO., LTD. • SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
• Codemasters® • Silicon Studio Corporation
• CRI Middleware Co., Ltd. • Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
• DeNA Co., Ltd. • SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
• Electronic Arts • Starbreeze Studios
• Epic Games Inc. • Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
• Firelight Technologies • Telltale Games
• FromSoftware, Inc. • THQ Nordic
• Frozenbyte • Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
• GameTrust • TT Games
• GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
• Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc. • Ubitus Inc.
• HAMSTER Corporation • Unity Technologies, Inc.
• Havok • Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
• INTI CREATES CO., LTD. • Web Technology Corp
• KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
• Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Today’s video incorporated short glimpses of representative gameplay to demonstrate the liberating nature of the Nintendo Switch home gaming system. Full game demonstrations, the list of launch window titles, as well as launch date, price, product configuration and related specifics, will be shown and announced prior to the March launch.
Are you excited for this new Nintendo console release? Let us know your thoughts down in the comments below!