Cast of the Seven Godsends harks back to the days when classic 2D, run ’n-gun, action-shooter games ruled the arcades. The game has been developed by Raven Travel Studio of Italy, the game’s creator, Paolo Cattaneo, commented, “Cast of the Seven Godsends has been a real labour of love and we have drawn heavily on arcade classics like Ghouls ‘n Ghosts and Ghosts ‘n Goblins. Cast of the Seven Godsends should prove and enjoyable challenge for arcade fans everywhere and we are extremely proud of the game we have created.”
Cast of the Seven Godsends offers players four levels of difficulty, providing different game endings for the tougher challenges. Players must conquer six worlds and face a dozen bosses. To aid in their quest there are seven god-like armour sets to wear, five basic weapons to wield and thirty-five magic combat spells to invoke. Cast of the Seven Godsends is the challenge that retro arcade fans have been waiting for!
· Easy controls - only two buttons to play (shoot and jump)
· Six very different and long worlds to conquer
· Checkpoint save positions throughout worlds
· Five basic weapons to master
· Seven god-like armour sets (dependent of difficulty level)
· 15 different bonus items to boost your hero
· Thirty-five magic combat spells to utilise
· Over 50 different enemies
· Twelve mid and end-of-level bosses
· Four difficulty levels
· Different endings
· Hand-drawn pixel graphics with a 16-bit look-and-feel
· Special art gallery with achievements to unlock
· Easter eggs to discover.
· Free soundtrack featuring thirteen retro tracks.
· Demo Available
Cast of the Seven Godsends is out now for PC and Mac priced $6.99, €6.99 and £4.99. The game will be available on Steam and other leading digital distribution channels.
Are you excited for this throw back to classic arcade games? Let us know down in the comments below!