Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games today announced that it will be bringing the six original 8-bit Mega Man® games to iOS and Android devices in early January, just missing the Blue Bombers birthday by a few weeks. This is the first time all six of the original 8-bit Mega Man games have been made available on smart devices, 29 years since Mega Man first exploded onto the console scene.
These lovingly-crafted adaptations will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made the Blue Bomber such a popular and iconic character. Each game has been optimized for the mobile devices with adjustments to game speed. Each game will be available separately for $1.99.
The Games Releasing Include:
- Mega Man® Mobile - The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man® 2 Mobile- Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way.
- Mega Man® 3 Mobile - Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man® 4 Mobile - A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears – Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man® 5 Mobile - Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man® 6 Mobile - The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe – the enigmatic Mr. X!
If you wish to pre-register, you can do so here. This will in fact keep you updated to all Mega Man Mobile updates along with potential extras you may not find any where else!
What do you think about Mega Man Mobile? Let us know your thoughts down in the comments below!