Set in the middle ages, Broadsword: Age of Chivalry is a turn-based strategy game where the goal is to become the dominant force in Europe. Rich in history, the period helped define Europe and created numerous legends, many of which play an important role in the game, including Henry III, Joan of Arc and El Cid.
Will you re-define the history of Europe?
- Command one of four different civilisations: the English, the French, the Spanish and the Hapsburg Empire with more to become available!
- Watch your strategies unfold in full 3D Battle Action as your troops go to in to battle.
- Take control of special ‘Hero’ units lead by historical legends such as Henry III, Joan of Arc, El Cid, each of who command special ‘Hero’ powers that can affect the entire battlefield.
- Command different types of military units including archers, knights, pikemen, catapults and more.
- Optional features such as FOG of WAR, Graphic Detail and more.
- Play on a variety of maps in distinct weather conditions.
- Terrain has a direct impact on the players' strategy and combat style.
- Turn-based combat keeps the battle moving at the player-preferred pace.
- Construct & upgrade buildings such as town centres, mines, mills, and farms to raise units and create resources for your empire.
- Research different technologies including forestry, ballistics and husbandry and take your empire to the next technical level.
- Your 'Combat Advisor' provides an indication of how the battle might go.
- Unlock maps, units & new campaigns as you play!
- Original music from German film composer Jan Morganstern.